We got another huge bill from Norton's Hospital about two weeks ago for one of Lee's last two infusions for his low iron levels. I was able to work with Norton's and got part of it put one our payment plan and paid off the rest. It was hard but I made it work.
Then we got another $450 bill for the second infusion therapy from the hospital on Friday. It didn't come until after they'd closed at 4pm. I wasn't able to call them about it until Monday, yesterday. I'd hoped to add it to our payment plan, too.
They told me if they added it, because our total is over $5000, that it'd make our monthly payments almost double what they are now. There's no way that we can afford that so I had to go ahead and pay the newest bill. That ate up pretty much everything we had to live on until the end of the month when Lee's paid again.
What makes it bad, and awful timing, is that Lee's leaving for Bloomington Wednesday morning for his three day conference trip for Statewide, he won't be home until Friday. He'll have some meals provided while he's there but not all, especially his dinners.
I'm going to take stuff to Half Price books and Clothes Mentor to sell today, plus I've got a bunch of stuff posted tonight to eBay, it's why I'm still up instead of sleeping like I should be. I just don't know if what I can make will be fast enough, or pay enough, for what we need.
If they do sell, though, it'll be a huge help. What I was hoping is that you'd help me spread the word about my having stuff up for sale. If you wouldn't mind doing it, here's the link:
If you see anything you'd like, but don't like using eBay, just let me know, we can figure out what postage will be then add it on. I can do checks but would prefer PayPal if possible. My PayPal addy is email@example.com. If you don't have a PayPal account I can just invoice you for whatever you want to buy and then you can use either your debit or credit card to pay for it. I've done that for a couple of people and it works great.
I'm going to go try and grab a little sleep, I promise I'll check in later. Thanks, guys, as always, for listening! :)
So it's almost that time of year again!
And we're hanging out our Halloween kettle and hoping some treats will drop in.
Bring us your fic, your art, your Halloween vids, all your Boo-licious fun. Post here and/or on our LJ sister site, we'd love to see what you've been scaring up.
MOD NOTE: Hopefully next year, health allowing we will be able to run a Halloween meme.
Share with us your impressions, your hopes, your predictions for Supernatural's thirteenth (!) season, what dark paths we're going to discover this season.
- “The Fetters of Fenrir” by leonidaslion (author), kitanachan/kerfuffling (reader)
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you in advance!
I was searching for two pics I read a while back and haven't been able to find again. I would really appreciate the help..
1) Wincest. In this story, Sam leaves for Stanford, but never makes it there because he gets turned into a werewolf- an omega one, at that. However, he gets turned by a wolf that is pure/ close to being pure, so he doesn't go crazy every full moon, doesn't eat human hearts... etc. A bunch of years later, Dean goes looking for Sam, and finds Sam in a werewolf town- basically, everyone in the town is a werewolf, and other than the occasional visitor, I think they pretty much keep to themselves. Dean finds Sam there, discovers Sam is an omega and that he has an Alpha pining for him, but the Alpha doesn't know that Sam is sterile. His affections are unrequited. Sam later on goes into heat and Dean fucks him through it. I'm pretty sure there was no previously established relationship.
( Read more... )
So I'm looking for a few specifics and some general searches. I've been out of the fandom like 5 years, so the things I remember reading are now quite aged.
1) Recently I was reading an outsider POV of a worker in a diner. It reminded me of another one but I realized they were not the same one. In the one I was reading, she meets Sam and Dean 3 times, but one time is set in S8, so that was while I wasn't around. She has kids, and she gives Dean pie and he always gives her a huge tip and tells her to take care of herself. Anyway that one was really good and I'd love to read that again but there was one that was somewhat similar that was an earlier fic, and it was outsider POV with a waitress, so basically any of those I'd read.
2) I'm remembering a fic where Mary raises the boys. Some slightly weird supernatural stuff is going on, but I don't think they're hunters. I'm looking for any fics where Mary raises the boys, especially if John dies. I'll be real about this, I'm looking for fics where possibly they swap places. ;)
3) I've got a lot of favorites I've been downloading as PDFs from this comm and that's been so helpful, but a general search is for any fics with Sam and Dean happy in each other's company and/or when they really talk about the shit that's happened to them and reach any amount of closure.
4) I also just remembered a specific fic where there is a haunted diner, and it keeps replaying the exact same moment over and over or something, like that's why it is known to be closed down and haunted. And it has something to do with John and Mary I think.
I am okay with gen or Wincest, or het, not that I'm looking for anything in particular in the pairing department. I don't read angel pairings so no Destiel or Sam/Gabriel please. Actually the fewer Supernatural angels the better.
I tried to tag this with everything that I could find in the tag list, but couldn't find some things, so I hope it is sufficiently tagged.
I found it!! (in case you care) I wanted to see how this one went , is the inspiration fro Custom made
life is fine, just... meeeh, first fight and for the dumbest reason...
But I remember the first four seasons, when we never knew if we'd been picked up for the next season until the very last minute. The Impala was left ticking in a field as her metal cooled after being T-boned by a semi truck in the first season finale. If the show hadn't been picked up, the Winchester story would have ended in that field.
At the time, the CW was spending what ad budget they had on all the nighttime soaps: Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, etc, and since Dawn Ostroff had no love at all for Supernatural, we were lucky if there was a flash of Jensen and Jared included in a 30 second montage of new and returning shows on the network. I don't even think there were "tonight at 9:00 a new episode of Supernatural" ads for the first two seasons.
So all the excess now, all the comic con panels, the international SPN cons, print and talk show interviews, books on the meta of the show, magazine spreads--whole magazine issues!--devoted to Supernatural. It makes me laugh--I'm just not sure if that's triumph or ironic laughter. Maybe a bit of both.
I just finished watching the first episode and really enjoyed it. I'm really looking forward to the journey this year, in many ways, they're starting with a blank slate. Tell me what you think, the good and the bad. I can't wait to see what everyone has to say. :)
The files are almost finished uploading. Once they're done, just follow the links below and then click to download whichever format you'd like best.
( Click me! )
If you have any problems with the file, or if you need to update your audio/video codecs to play the file, you can find them here:
Hope that everyone is doing okay. *hugs you hard*
I'm hoping for some assistance. I think I found the fic on here previously but searching the tags I cannot seem to locate it.
I'm fairly certain it is J2 as I remember Sam Ferris working in nightclub/bar and Jensen giving the one of the working girl a scolding.
A scene I remember vividly is Jared about to sleep on in a park due to Jensen raising his rent so much he could no longer afford his apartment.
Apologies if tags aren't great, I've never posted before so am unsure if I've selected correctly.
Any help much appreciated.